Co-sponsored by Learning Forward Kansas and Southwest Plains Regional Service Center
November 9, 2015
DoubleTree (Airport) Hotel
2098 Airport Road, Wichita
7:30 am – 8:15 am Registration
8:30 am – 4:00 pm Conference
Seating is Limited! Register Today!
The focus of the supervisory process is shifting from fulfilling contractual obligations to promoting opportunities for growth. The ability to structure and facilitate powerful learning-focused conversations lies at the heart of both one-to-one and collective work. This session develops shared understandings of both problems and possible solutions to increase confidence and success in working with data and one another.
How can we use feedback to create a culture of continuous improvement for individual, building, or district growth? Research says feedback and growth are keys to success. This session will provide the rationale, tools, and protocols to move all educators forward.
Skillfully using data (multiple measures, student data, evaluation data, building data) keeps interactions learning-focused and student-centered. This interactive session links data to positive outcomes for students and educators, developing shared ownership of important questions and collaborative answers that make data meaningful and applicable to improving program and classroom practices.
Teaching and learning standards provide the what to talk about; learning-focused supervision and/or evaluation offers the how.
WHO CAN BENEFIT:
- Administrators will use data to promote growth in a non-threatening, positive manner.
- Instructional Coaches will apply skills for facilitating feedback interactions and strategies.
- Mentors will use data as they support new teachers.
- Learning Communities, District & Building Teams and Teacher Leaders
will establish a framework to guide their conversations around the data that drives their work.
- Evaluation Committees will embed the concept of learning focused feedback in their system.
- EVERYONE will expand their toolkit/strategies/protocols.