Join us on June 6th as Dr. Jim Knight shares high-value leadership strategies to help us navigate the complexities of change. Participants are encouraged to think of themselves as change leaders—people who lead themselves, other adults, and students through inevitable change by getting clear on what they are trying to accomplish and how to make that happen, and how to navigate through the complexities of change.
The workshop addresses the following questions:
- What is leadership, and what kind of difference am I making as a leader?
- Am I clear on my purpose?
- Do I put others ahead of myself?
- Do I spend time on the most important activities?
- Am I confronting reality and leading with hope?
- How do I make sure I lead through change in a way that creates trust?
- Am I a multiplier or a diminisher?
- What is the GROWTH Coaching System and how might it help?
- Identify their beliefs about leadership and the kind of leader they want to be
- Learning and explore strategies for leading themselves and others
- Leave with a plan for implementing leadership strategies to better lead their own live and lead others
- Become familiar with the elements of the GROWTH Coaching system
This session is designed for all educational leaders who help guide others through change. We encourage Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Building Administrators, District Administrators, Service Center Personnel, and other leaders to join us for this impactful day of learning.
Cost: $300 (lunch included)
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2024
Location: WSU MetroPlex, 5015 East 29th St N, Wichita, KS 67220
College Credit: One half (.5) college credit through Wichita State University will be available for purchase for those who are interested.
Better Conversations Virtual Book Study
Think about how many times you’ve walked away from school conversations, sensing they could be more productive, but at a loss for how to improve them. Better Conversations honors our capacity for improving our schools by improving our communication. Asserting that our schools are only as good as the conversations within them, Jim Knight shows us how to adopt the habits essential to transforming the quality of our dialogues.
What makes this virtual book study special? Dr. Jim Knight will kick off the first session for us on April 2nd from 4:00-5:00pm CST. We hope that you will join us for this three part virtual book study as we explore Better Conversations together. Register below and you will receive a copy of the book as well as directions for accessing the virtual sessions. One hour of college credit through Wichita State University will be available for purchase for those who are interested and participate in all three sessions.
Cost: $100 (includes a copy of the book)
Dates: three sessions online
⇒Session #1: April 2 from 4:00-5:00pm Book Study Kick Off with Dr. Jim Knight
⇒Session #2: April 16 from 4:00-5:00pm Facilitated book study conversation
⇒Session #3: April 30 from 4:00-5:00pm Facilitated book study conversation
College Credit: One hour of college credit through Wichita State University will be available for purchase for those who are interested and participate in all three sessions.
Location: Online: A link will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
You can register for the conference, book study or both!
*Note our Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received one week prior to an event to avoid being billed for the full registration amount.