Kansas educators are in the middle of implementing many new initiatives. It is more important than ever for there to be a sense of collective commitment as everyone works to achieve student success through the goals set forth by KSDE, local districts and schools. Regardless of what is included in a school’s continuous improvement plan, the key to success is implementation, as educators, and ultimately students, move from knowing to doing.
Engaging educators in meaningful conversations around these complex changes and other
important teaching and learning issues is a challenge for all educational leaders. We want teachers
to lead engaging classrooms for students. Therefore, we must model that engagement with faculty
by designing professional learning that is both meaningful and engaging to increase the chances of successful implementation.
Learning Forward Kansas has developed a document to support you and your staff as you have better conversations around any issue/topic/complex change. Our intent is for this document to be a quick go-to resource that assembles a variety of tools/strategies in one location for educational leaders to use. It is for all educators who are sharing/leading a group.
View and download this FREE resource today! If you have questions or require assistance in implementing the strategies (protocols) found in this document, please contact Learning Forward Kansas.
As you view the document below, try these navigation tips:
- Because of the variety of computers, tablets, and smartphones that are used, we have provided three different viewers for this document. If the first viewer doesn’t work well, try the others.
- If any pages load incorrectly, refresh the screen in your browser OR use the zoom controls on the PDF viewer toolbar.
- Several viewing control features are available in the PDF viewer. Hover over or click each of the toolbar icons to see a label or explanation.
- Use the page up and down arrows to move through the pages on this screen –OR–
- Scroll down to view the pages on this screen
- Click View Fullscreen to read the document in a large PDF viewer
- Download the document using the link provided.
- Use the addition options, including downloading and printing, that are available with the double arrow icon in the far right of the toolbar.
Download PDF (35 MB)
Download PDF (2 MB)