Learning Forward Kansas (LFKS) is an affiliate organization of Learning Forward, focusing on professional learning that improves educator effectiveness and learning for ALL students.
Excellent Teaching and Learning Every Day
Learning Forward Kansas builds the capacity of educators to establish and sustain highly effective professional learning.
- Educational leaders include teachers, teacher leaders, and building and district administrators .
- Professional learning that improves educator effectiveness is fundamental to student learning.
- All educators have an obligation to improve their practice.
- Students are successful when educators assume collective responsibility for student learning.
- Successful educators create and sustain a culture of learning.
- Effective learning systems commit to continuous improvement for all adults and students.
Learning Forward Kansas advances its vision and mission through three strategic priorities.
Standards and Impact
Learning Forward Kansas supports standards and examines evidence to strengthen and document the impact of professional learning.
Leadership and Practice
Learning Forward Kansas builds the capacity of educational leaders, members, and partners to establish, support, and sustain effective professional learning.
Advocacy and Policy
Learning Forward Kansas advocates policies and practices that strengthen professional learning for all educators.